Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Monster Cookies

From Company's Coming Cookies, this originally huge recipe is a peanut butter and oatmeal cookie that contains no flour. For flour allergies and sensitivities, don't use Smarties, as they contain flour. (go figure!) Either double the chocolate chips or use M&Ms, which seem to be alright.


1 1/2 cups smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup hard margarine, softened
1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
1 cup granulate sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon corn syrup
4 1/2 cups rolled oats
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup Smarties or M&Ms

Cream peanut butter, margarine, and sugars together. Beat in eggs, then vanilla and corn syrup.

Mix in remaining ingredients. Drop by tablespoons onto greased pan. Bake at 350*F, for 8 - 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Don't over bake or the cookies will be hard.

Makes about 5 dozen.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:37 PM

    How come there's no flour in this? I would really like to know why

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:17 AM

      Most peanut butter cookies do not have flour. And the oats often act as a flour would.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous7:19 AM

    I love these cookies, I have been making this recipe since I was a teenager. I am so glad you posted this online! I donated all my cookbooks awhile ago...forgetting completely about this recipe until my husband asked me to make them.

    ReplyDelete