Thursday, April 02, 2009

Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins

I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free"Biscuit & Baking Mix" for these. I am very impressed with the results. I bought the baking mix at Safeway in the baking section- near the flour and sugar. The package says you can use it with recipes that call for a baking mix, and so I did. When the kids were little I used to make a "master mix" from flour, lard, salt etc., and this was the base for pancakes, muffins, cakes... a wonderful time saver when I had 3 little twerps running around. I used the master mix recipe (the recipe for muffins that used the master mix) with the "Biscuit Baking Mix". I added oil, as this is just a flour mix. But I was impressed.

2 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Biscuit & Baking Mix
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup frozen blueberries, not thawed. (or fresh, when they're in season)

Combine Baking Mix and sugar.

Combine egg, milk, vanilla and oil, and add to dry ingredients. Only mix together until just incorporated.

Gently fold in frozen blueberries.

Spoon into paper lined muffin pans and bake at 375*F for about 20 minutes.

Yield: 12 large muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment