Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Peanut Butter Shortbread Cookies

Alright. I'll admit it. These cookies were an accident. I was making a batch of Mom's Peanut Butter Cookies to send to the College Girl, and I forgot to add the egg. I didn't realize it until they were out of the oven and looked a little different... but, surprise, surprise, they very much remind me of shortbread cookies- quite light and sugary, and altogether a nice peanut buttery take on an old Christmas favourite!

1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup all purpose flour

Cream together margarine, peanut butter and both sugars. (with the Kitchen Aid mixer, I measured in all the dry ingredients, including flour, then used the same measuring cup to measure the peanut butter... it saved washing a couple of measuring cups!) Add flour. Form into round balls. Place balls on greased cookie sheet and lightly flatten with a fork. Bake at 350*F for about 10 minutes.

Made about 18 cookies.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:16 PM

    I made these today and OH MY GOSH they were so good. My hubby and I ate them all up. I added chocolate chips to half the batch and that too was awesome. thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:41 AM

    Too bad these arent "shortbread" cookies. These are just plain old peanut butter cookies. Removing an egg, does not make them shortbread.

    ReplyDelete